Ms. Fatima Ameer has submitted her doctoral dissertation “Factors affecting lipid and lipidomic profiles in malignant and non-malignant hematopoietic cells”. She completed her work at CBL – MMG. She has published multiple research and review articles in well-reputed and peer-reviewed scientific journals. She has also completed her MS also from CBL-MMG. The title of her dissertation was “Metabolic Profiles of Hematological Cancer Patients Revisited: Studying the Irregularities and Interdependencies of Plasma Glucose and Lipid Levels”. She has also served as a visiting faculty member at the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab (2015 and 2017). In addition to that she served as a teaching assistant at University of the Punjab for the courses on Cell and Tissue Culture Technology, Cancer Genetics, Oncology, and Behavioral Genetics.
- Ameer F, Munir R, and Zaidi N. Invited chapter in: Lipid Metabolism in Encyclopedia of Cancer 3rd Edition 2019.
- Usman H, Munir R, Ameer. F, & Hasnain S. Cancer Associated Dyslipidemia, Invited chapter in: Advances in Dyslipidemia. eBook, 2016.
Journal Article Publications
- Zaid M, Ameer F, Munir R, Rashid R, Farooq N, Hasnain S, Zaidi N: Anthropometric and metabolic indices in assessment of type and severity of dyslipidemia. Journal of physiological anthropology 2017, 36(1):19.
- Ameer F, Munir R, Usman H, Rashid R, Shahjahan M, Hasnain S, Zaidi N: Lipid-load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells: Impact of food-consumption, dietary-macronutrients, extracellular lipid availability and demographic factors. Biochimie 2017, 135:104-110.
- Usman H, Ameer F, Munir R, Iqbal A, Zaid M, Hasnain S, Scandiuzzi L, Zaidi N: Leukemia cells display lower levels of intracellular cholesterol irrespective of the exogenous cholesterol availability. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2016, 457:12-17.
- Usman H, Rashid R, Ameer F, Iqbal A, Zaid M, Hasnain S, Kalbacher H, Zaidi N: Revisiting the dyslipidemia associated with acute leukemia. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2015, 444:43-49.
- Rashid R, Ameer F, Kalbacher H, Scandiuzzi L, Zaidi N: Aberrant de novo cholesterogenesis: Clinical significance and implications. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2015, 450:356-361.
- Ameer F, Scandiuzzi L, Hasnain S, Kalbacher H, Zaidi N: De novo lipogenesis in health and disease. Metabolism: clinical and experimental 2014, 63(7):895-902.
- Zaid M, Ameer F, Ali A, Rashid R, Zaidi N. Comparing the metabolic fates of BALB/c mice maintained on cafeteria-style diets with differential nutritive values. 2018.